Happy Tuesday! Today I stole a few minutes to work on my #dailydecember album. This isn't my first rodeo with Daily December albums and I so much look forward to them. However, it can be hard to balance everything. Here are some thoughts...
1. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with ALL OF THE OPTIONS for December. The things to do, the countdown to Christmas, the Advent daily activities, the remembering to move the freaking Elf. I mean REALLY. I can hardly get the kids in bed (and staying in their beds!) at night let alone remember to move the Elf? Which leads me to #2 ...
2. I'll be LUCKY to move him. I can make no promises of our Elf drinking syrup, frolicking in marshmallows or tied to a chair with guys attacking him. I mean really. Am I wrong or did Pinterest just add a new form of mom guilt called "Elf Guilt." Like I'm a horrible mother if I'm not coming up with the COOLEST ELF tricks. And WHO are the tricks really for? The kids? The moms? PINTEREST. I'm going to consider it a success if Frankenstyle moves at night. If he does something tricky then I get 50 mom points. Um, is there somewhere to CASH THOSE IN???? Nope? Yeah, didn't think so.
3. I do love to spread some cheer in December and there is plenty of ways to do it and things to do, daily. Why all the stuff when really what we need to be doing is SLOWING DOWN!?!? I struggle with this. I'm a DOER. I like to take it one day at a time, and just do my best. I also like to give myself a lot of pats on the back for so-so attempts and add extra liquor to my Christmas toddies. ;)
4. I AM doing a Daily December album. Studio Calico seriously makes it so easy. I'm really only using their December Daily kit and love it. I am trying to keep it simple in a Project Life format. It should be doable, and I am hopeful.
5. Although I am mostly snapping pictures with my iPhone ... I am inspired to take REAL photos and use them after reading Ali Edwards Blog today and seeing the better quality of her photos and how she used them.
6. My struggle with a daily album like this is always the photos. I don't have a strong at home printing systems so this means weekly (and possibly more frequent) stops to Walgreens ... my Project Life printer of choice. We shall see how that goes.
7. Here are the beginning pages of my Daily December album.
8. You know what is happening DAILY at my house? Deliveries. :) Lots and lots of deliveries. Why mess with actually going into a store when you can order and save on-line? Hoping to have a delivery every single day this week and by Friday, I should have the kids shopping DONE.
9. Daily reminders "The Elf is watching!" I'm thankful for his elfness but I'm not sure HE or I can curb the sass that lives up in this house. I'm hopeful that with the Elf's help, I'll at least have the upper hand this holiday season.
10. While the daily tasks of December can be cumbersome and challenging ... I do enjoy them and love making traditions with our family. Like everything ... pick what works for you and do it in moderation. The kids will (hopefully) remember the LOVE that brought these things to life rather than the things themselves. For now, I'm so loving the MAGIC that is surrounding the season. With children ages 6,5 and 3 ... the magic is in full force, and I love that. Sparkling lights, twinkling candles and Elf madness all bring GREAT JOY to these three little people. Documenting it? Yeah, that's for me (for them someday!) and it helps keep me sane.
Here's to Daily December traditions! What is your favorite thing to do in December??